Defect Severities, part 3 - SubversionPosted October 01, 2005 in misc
- P1:Prevents work from getting done, causes data loss, or BFI (“Bad First Impression” — too embarrassing for a 1.0 release).
- P2:Workaround required to get stuff done.
- P3:Like P2, but rarely encountered in normal usage.
- P4:Developer concern only, API stability or cleanliness issue.
- P5:Nice to fix, but in a pinch we could live with it.
Additionally subversion developers assign a target milestone for every bug. This means that the milestone would be delayed if a fix for the bug isn’t available. Two special milestone values are “unscheduled” (not assigned to a milestone yet) and “nonblocking” (will never stop a milestone).